Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A disgusting health tip

Here’s a fairly disgusting health practice - but it works for me, so I thought I would share it with you! I call it the “Chew and Spew” method of eating beef or pork and saving your colon a lot of work digesting the stuff.

I love a good steak, but many women suffer from irregular bowels (often times due to childbirth. ) We have a tendency not to have the blessing of being regular every day.

Meat takes a bit for our bodies to digest, and so here is a way to enjoy the meat you eat, save calories, AND not tax your digestive tract or plug up your colon.

Are you getting an inkling of the “Chew and Spew” method? I’d been having very sharp pains in my abdomen and was very constipated (a crappy thing to talk about, eh:) -hee hee. Anyway, I found myself chewing the heck out of each bite, but if it had fat or was tough, I would graciously put my napkin to my mouth and try to put the remainder of the bite in it without too much fuss.

Well, my honey and I have been married a long time and so before long he asked what I was doing. He had been my champion and rubbed my “congested” tummy MANY times to help the “process” of digestion along. I told him. He said, “Cool-whatever works!”

That was it. Now (when it is US and ONLY US), I regularly use the “Chew and Spew”
method. To make it easier I simply put my hand to my mouth and take the remaining bite and set it aside on my plate.

Now, like a bird feeding her baby, I take the remains and mix it with my dog’s food. He
loves it! “Waste not-want not” mama always said.

There it is. Practical advice. Not pretty, but if you are with someone you love, or by yourself - they will want the best for you, and you can be discreet about it all.

If you don’t care for your company or want to gross somebody out - do it in public! Then simply declare “Obviously you aren’t familiar with the chew and spew method, are you?”

No comments: